Friday, October 28, 2011

Guests!

The alarm went off at 5:15 am and we got ready to head to the airport. I wanted to leave in plenty of time so our guests wouldn't have to wait. We were ready to leave and Vernon couldn't find his passport. He was sure he had laid it on the dresser so he would have it. I felt the first twinge of panic, but chose to remain calm. I looked on the dresser, under the dresser, behind the dresser and in all the drawers. We widened the search and looked all over the room, in all the shirt and pants pockets, clean and dirty. Then one by one we began to panic. The dresser drawers were dug through and the top of the dresser looked like a tornado had swept over it. Still no passport. I felt more panic and wondered what I would say to Deb, Judy and Dorthy when I would have to call and say we couldn't get their children because we lost the passport! I think I sounded quite grim when I said "lets pray". It's hard to pray when there is this angry feeling simmering below the controlled panic. We widened the search and kept looking. I was even searching all the kitchen cupboards and much to my relief, I found it up on a cupboard shelf. Put there for 'safe keeping'. We did thank God for answered prayer:) And I am reminded once again that tests come when I least expect them!
 How do I describe the wonderful feeling of seeing home folks and how do I express my appreciation to the parents for allowing their children to come visit? I guess one way can be by taking good care or their children:)  Jody and Jeana took them to Antigua by bus. They ate lunch and then explored the city. Antigua was the Spanish capital years ago and so there are old, beautiful churches and buildings. There are a few Mayan ruins but the real ones are about 10 hours from here.
We are having a special meal tonight. Craig, a vser and Shawn, brother to Craig, who is visiting here with his wife and children are making the meal. They are guarding the kitchen so my curiosity will have to keep growing. I just saw Shawn out in the courtyard with something round in a dish towel and he was swinging it like he wanted to spin moisture out of whatever it is. Oh well, supper is in 20 minutes, I can be mature and wait!