Monday, October 17, 2011

Rain drops keep falling...

Rain has been our constant companion these past weeks. Yesterday we saw sunshine for the first time in a week and it lasted about 10 minutes. I never knew there were so many types of rain. There is the deluge, the downpour, the steady rain, the fine rain, the rain mist and the sudden rain! Our clothes are always damp, papers curl at the edges, and we have webbed feet! (not quite)
Today we canned tomato juice and tomorrow we will tackle 100 lbs of apples for apple pie filling. We don't do a lot of canning, but try to keep a few things on hand. Canning doesn't make a lot of sense when a person can get so much fresh produce; although, canned food does come in  handy when we are in a crunch for time.
I was trying to think of the comedy for today. I would have to say it was my husband cracking a real funny joke at the supper table and every one was talking so loudly, I was the only one who heard it and got a good laugh from it!  Next on the list was Jody laying in bed this morning and telling Jeana she needed to get up and help me with breakfast. Since teaching began to rule Jody's life, I don't get so much help as I used to, but I guess I get some kind of help yet! Note: both girls would like to insert a comment just now.
Thought for the day: ?