Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rest and relaxation ahhhh!

What a nice day! Sharon made Sunday lunch for me! It was so sweet of her and it was much appreciated. We only had 12 people at lunch and now we are all relaxing, well, reclining as much as possible! Jody and Jeana are studying Spanish. They have an agreement with Sharon that they each put in 3 hours of Spanish study a week. Whoever falls behind gets to treat the others to something good. I think Sharon is studying too:) Brian preached about Gods definition of 'rich'. I couldn't understand much, just enough to find most Bible references and so got the gist of what he said. We had some translation of the message  at lunch. It was a timely message, just when I have been making a list of goodies to bring back from Idaho! I am craving some real good chocolate and black licorice and ladyfinger popcorn with brewers yeast on it, to name a few things! Things! How important are they? How much do they define me as a person?  We have it very nice here in the city. There are a lot of rich Guatemalans in the city and yet there is so much spiritual poverty. I was reading over my blog from yesterday and noticed my blog title wouldn't make sense to any one but myself. I was feeling stretched and pulled towards many different needs and wants at the same time and I realized I can descend toward spiritual poverty by my attitude or I can look at each person and need as an opportunity to try to reflect Gods spirit with in me. Then I had a test... we have this cellar right below the water filter where we fill the jugs for drinking water and I went to fill the jug and forgot to shut it off till I felt the need for coffee and..... the cellar had a lot of water in it! Since I have been here I have had a few cellar cleaning opportunities and we have a very clean cellar floor. Could almost eat off it! That felt a bit like the last straw and I felt like crying but I was so hot and sticky and didn't want any more dampness! Such is life! Vernon thinks he should fix up an alarm that goes off in 2 min. to remind the jug filler to turn off the water.
Tonight is visitation and so today feels very relaxed. We are going to play games after supper.