Sunday, August 14, 2011

Be my guest!

Sunday, a 'day of rest' that had people heading in lots of directions!
Vernon, Jared and I went to a small church about an hour from here. Mark and Norma Gingerich took us. The people were very friendly and smiled at me with a true welcome. We got back for a late lunch and fed a few women who were here waiting to fly out to their home village. At 4 am Tristan took a van load of people to San Marcos for church, a 5 hr drive one way. Jody and Jeana and Marta went to cottage meeting with a van load of people this afternoon. We stayed here to keep the place going. Sharon made us a delicious supper of bread sticks, left over pizza, popcorn and pumpkin dessert. I had a little time to sit and think and thank God for my family! For a husband who calmly does what needs to be done even though he is getting requests for help from different directions, and who surprises me with a lovely bouquet of roses he bought while sitting at a stop light, and then tried to sneak them past all the visitors that were watching! I am thankful for my daughters who are a joy to watch as they interact with the local people and just do what ever job they have to do, something that varies quite a bit! This week they cleaned house, painted, got sick, did children's Bible club, washed mountains of dishes, swept, mopped  did laundry...etc... Their humor is a treasure and I love it!(usually) Then there is Jared who leaps and races around the compound, sailing paper boats in the rain water, or catching flies for his 'pet' spider! or playing soccer with any one willing to play. What a blessing, and I pray that I will always treasure the days! Note to my married children, I haven't forgotten you :)!
 Tonight 3 men from El Salvador are coming in and tomorrow there are 13 people coming through, some headed to the states for Mark Andrews wedding in North Dakota and some headed to Antigua for Spanish school. Vernon has been drawing up plans for cupboards for the house Roy Beihns will be living in. We went over to the house and moved the stove and fridge around trying to find the best spot for both in a kitchen that is  7' x 10'!! Then to add cabinets to the small area is interesting. Vernon would love to get them done by the 18th, when they fly in. Tonight he had to run Danny Beachys boys up to Brian Yoders to do their chores as they are gone for 3 days. Janet Meyers came in tonight and will head to Oratorio tomorrow for a 2 week stay with a native family as part of her training for life in Guatemala. "A day of rest is as restful as my attitude and may not depend so much on how much rest I actually get," is the conclusion I have come to today!