Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to work!

My first day of life in Guatemala after a flying trip to Idaho. Jared and I did fly to Idaho for a family reunion and the days did fly by! It was a wonderful time with my family and Jared relished some of the things he had taken for granted before we left for Guat. in June. He always wanted to be dropped off  at the end of the driveway and run. He told me, "mom, I can just run and run and there are no walls!" We absorbed as much of the clean pine scented air as we could, ate fresh blueberries and peaches, and even jumped into the cold water of deep creek. Best of all, we got to spend time with Jeremys! Jared keeps telling me how much he enjoyed his nieces.
Our flight home to Guatemala was extra long because we spent 3 hours with Justins in Denver! Talk about extra blessings! It is good to be back! I missed Vernon and the girls so much. Unpacking was quite time consuming as the brewers yeast powder and clear gel I was bringing back looked like it had exploded in flight. Everything had a coating of white and yellow dust! Lesson learned: pack all stuff in ziploc bags!
This past week has been a treasured time of being real with the families I love and the church family I love! Then to come back here and see the welcome on faces! It is precious.
God is gracious and does abundantly bless. I am grateful for every person that touched my life this past week and I pray I can be a blessing to others in return!