Thursday, August 11, 2011

.....God will take care of you................

No, I wasn't in physical danger! I was in need of much wisdom, medical and otherwise! Monday started out very good. Ruth was at work and I was so happy to see that her burn was healing well and I was feeling great about getting lots done. We had a wonderful time around the dinner table, laughing and enjoying each other. Sharon and I ran to Walmart after lunch and when we got back, Marta came running with a scared look on her face and told me Priscila was very sick. I ran into her room and didn't know what to do! She was so weak and dizzy and throwing up and every one was looking at me - the house mom - for direction. I was praying desperately. I urged to take her to the doctor and just as Vernon carried her out a terrific rain storm came in and we all got wet trying to get in the truck. I had Priscilas head on my lap and Vernon and Brian hopped up front and just then, Ruth came running with umbrellas and climbed in the back with us. I was so glad to see her. I am only a 2 month stranger here, and felt Ruth would be comforting. So we held hands and prayed and looked at each other and it didn't need language to read the concern and love in each others eyes. The doctor came out and checked her right away and we waited in the truck till he had seen the 2 patients that were waiting. The windows were fogged and the rain was pouring down and we waited and waited. The doctor said it was vertigo, sometimes caused by inner ear infection, but sometimes by inflammation in part of the brain. Today is Thursday, and she is much better, but still somewhat dizzy and is relaxing all day. Now we are praying for inner peace for this time of resting when the to do list is growing. Priscila is the secretary here and very busy with all manner of paper work!
Jody and Jeana are sick now too, I think it is strep throat, and Vernon is recovering from strep. Other than that, life is good.
Jorge, a little old man who comes and works here every day, made a towel rack for me. We call him 'grandpa Dan' and his wife Emna, we call 'the candy grandma'. After church, she hands out little bags of candy to the children and I might have the nerve to crowd around her yet!  We seem to be very busy and getting busier. We painted the room Jody will use for school and I sewed her curtains. Am also sewing some very simple curtains for our little house since the girls painted the kitchen and living room and when I took the old curtains down, they were rotten.
Tuesday Vernon had to go out in the pouring rain to look for a man who had been robbed at gun point right close here. We walk past the place when we go to Walmart. The man was from Chimaltanango, and had been at the bank. He was driving along when this car pulled in front and stopped and men jumped out and held guns on him, grabbed his phone, keys and started digging through his car. They got his money and slapped him across the face while they were at it. Vernon stayed with the man till some guys from his church could come and helped him.
Thursday was the day we had planned to take off and leave headquarters behind, all of us, and go do something fun, but plans had to change with the sickness. Instead, we went and cleaned a house for Roy Beihns, a couple moving down here indefinitely, to be administrator. As consolation, we ordered in pizza and had floats for dessert.  There is a beautiful lightening and thunder show and I need to go up on the roof to watch! Adios.....