Sunday, August 28, 2011

An Answer!

Today I was sitting in church and a thought came to me! How surprising is that:) No, really, it was about my ho hum feeling. I had to ask myself the question, "is God enough?" Is He enough that I can be content with my circumstances and that I can do my work with joy? I know how to do work with a grim determination, but I don't want to be satisfied with that! I want look beyond myself, and do what I do with a joy to be able to serve others.
Once again I sat under a solo Espaniol message, but I was able to catch most of the Bible references and it seems like the words leap off the page. We discussed this at lunch and the girls notice the same thing. When we can read the verses in English, and those are the only words we understand, Gods Word becomes alive and powerful! Like the verse that mentions that Jesus was the Son, yet he learned obedience through the things he suffered! How can I refuse to learn obedience when I have that verse staring me in the face?

We are having areal thunderstorm and enjoying it very much! Feels like popcorn and relaxing time. Oh for a bowl of ladyfinger popcorn with brewers yeast....... What was my profound thought about contentment?!
Dios le bendiga