Thursday, February 2, 2012

And Then They Were Gone!

How time flies! We left for the airport at 5 am this morning. I was holding one granddaughter as close as I could. Kate was on Jeana's lap, concentrating on sleeping a bit more. Our family is gone, but what memories we crammed into that short time!
Now.... reality! After short nights and busy days, we have to get back on schedule. As soon as we got back from the airport, Vernon had to run to the bus station to pick up Tianna, who is coming from El Chal. Today looks like a full day. I expect us all to 'feel' tired and grouchy, but maybe it will be a day to ignore 'feelings' and do the next thing and do it for God. In a perfect world, I would look at all I do through the lens of 'I am here to serve God and all I do today is for His glory'. In this imperfect world, I sometimes forget to look through that lens and instead, look through the lens of  'whats in it for me?'
Today, I choose to use the God lens and be the best cleaner, cook, listener and observer I can be, for Him!