Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another Day

Did you ever hear the saying, "a watched pot never boils"? Try applying that to red beans! Today was reunion de pastors, and I was making supper for about 28 people. The menu was my made up, use whats left over, and stretch it to feed a big group menu. I made a chili soup with left over black beans, cooked rice to put the soup on and then had tortillas to go with it. Dessert was left over strawberry danish and vanilla pudding. I was cooking the food and found out there were more guests than I had planned for, so, I quick cooked some red beans to add to the bean filled chili. I kept watching that pressure cooker and willing it to cook harder and hotter. Three minutes before meal time, I added the slightly chewy beans to the chili and served the meal. I got some Guate compliments on my good rice, but the gringo beans were a bit of a stretch! I enjoy seeing the variety of people who come through here. Some of the pastors have life stories that make me look at them in awe and see that their God IS big enough! I've had that song run through my mind today about " He's big enough to rule the mighty universe, yet small enough to reign within my heart"! That's the God I serve! He loves me so much He gave His only Son for me! So I can spend eternity in Heaven with Him, if I choose to!
Why would I choose not to?????