Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Letting go.........

Today is a gray, chilly day and I have opened my hand to release my daughter to head up north to a primitive part of the country. She will be living with a family and helping the mother who homeschools three children and  works with the daily demands that living primitive brings. Jeana will help cook, tutor and be involved with the village children when they come every day at 4 pm for a 2 hour play time. I think the cooking looks like the biggest challenge, not to mention the spiders:). Snakes would be preferred! She is driving up with 4 others and will arrive at Jeff's at midnight and head on from there in the morning. It's about 13 hours.
I had to have my surrender conversation with God. She is His, praise His name! But oh it tugs at my heart to let go! Yes, I know it's only a few weeks, and I am thankful she can have this experience. Pray for her, and for us as we go about our less exciting duties here at the compound with walls! I was thinking of how we can focus on the walls or we can enjoy the sunshine that comes inside the walls and focus on building relationships with the people who live with in the walls.
 "Godliness with contentment"..................... that was the message on Sunday morning.