Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Six weeks in our glass house! Words can't describe the feeling I had when we drove into the compound and saw the big black doors closing behind us, cutting us off from the rest of the world! I looked around and thought, "what kind of frying pan have we jumped into"?  That first day was a day of  reminding myself that the same God who led us here would be with us all the way.
Now, six weeks later, I have the proof that God has been with us. It is only by His grace and help that I can feel as comfortable and calm as I do. I love the people here. They are  normal,  dedicated people who are very friendly and welcoming.
Sunday evening I heard lots of  shouting and laughter coming from the kitchen. Marta was doing Spanish flash cards and Jody and Jeana were competing with the answer. We were entertained! .......lunch bell just went.....
My warm thoughts had a dose of reality as I sat through a 'toto espaniol  el almuerzo'. It can be isolating, yet I tell the girls, total Spanish! I hope I will pick some up.
 Vernon, Jody and Jeana left the house this morning in a happy mood. They walked to the bus stop to catch a chicken bus to Antigua for their second day of Spanish School. The school only had room for three, so I may get to go yet.