Saturday, July 16, 2011

Be flexible!

This morning I planned the traditional Saturday morning prayer breakfast of pancakes. Expected 30 people and so made lots of pancakes and sausage gravy to go with it. (try that combo before you gag, it's real good). As the pancake level went down, I went into my traditional panic mode and quickly stirred up some more pancakes. Good thing I did!
Today I was able to communicate with Elba, a lady who comes and works here a few days a week. We can love each other through the language barrier! I know she has grandchildren and that we a just a year apart in age. My life has been easier than hers has!
Since we have been here, God has shown He can speak to us in spite of the language. Our souls can be fed, by His mercy. The second Sunday we were trying to find Spanish numbers to sing Spanish songs and I felt very dry and I just told God, "I need help, please feed my soul". He answered in such a beautiful way! The song we sang was 'Day by Day' and I felt so loved by His response. That song had been one of our family theme songs before we came to Guatemala. Then the pastor preached in Spanish but gave us the scripture and a few sentences of what he was speaking on. It was about laying our all on the alter and surrendering. Our souls were fed!"