Friday, July 15, 2011

For five weeks Mission Headquarters has been my glass house. There is a sense of privacy but the open windows and the walls that sound bounces over, shatter the illusion. God has been very real as we adjust to life in a glass house. I have decided that I am who I am and God sees and hears all, so no hiding my grouchiness here! Today I felt homesick and wanted to have a good cry. Just writing it makes me feel more like laughing at myself.  This week has been a very busy one with missionaries from all the outposts coming in for a 2 day 'workers meeting'. This meeting is a time of fun, laughing, talking, eating and being encouraged- all in the English language! We had a wonderful time. Our motivational speaker gave us a lot of food for thought and kept hitting on the thought that it is Gods spirit within us that touches hearts and draws others to Him.
We love it here in Guatemala and the people are so sweet! There are 2 girls, Priscila and Marta that live here at the mission. They have been wonderful and patient and keep pronouncing spanish words over and over and over!