Saturday, January 14, 2012

They were very kind :)

My title for the day is an inside joke.
I expected this week to be very busy and I wanted to be organized and have things comfortable and ready for all our guests. Tuesday morning they were all here and I thought I was too busy to get sick and lived in denial till Wednesday morning, the busiest day. There was a virus with dengue like symptoms going around, and I had to accept that God had other plans for me. I learned some lessons on my sick days. The first was that I was surrounded by wonderful people who took over and did what ever needed to be done. The second was that God was kindly reminding me that time with Him is priority and I had been falling into the pattern of 'just doing one more thing' before spending time with Him. Thankfully, I am feeling much better and my heart has a deep appreciation for the ladies who 'loved by serving' this past week.
 I will admit I was wondering how it would feel to have all the 'board' here at one time. I learned that they are a very nice group of men and we enjoyed the privilege of hosting them. Vernon enjoyed himself very much and had a wild thought to try to pick the pocket of one man he was picking up at the airport! He was sneaking around behind the guy, trying to decide if he should act like a dignified house dad or just be himself, when the man  turned and said,"hey, Vernon, I know what you are trying to do"! I have to laugh every time I think of it because I'm sure Vernon was all crouched over with a huge grin on his face just thinking about it!
Last night we, Marta, Priscila, Jeana, Jody, Rhoda and I were doing dishes. I went out to fill the big water jug with pure water. I got distracted. I was in the kitchen and kept wondering why I heard splashing water. When I realized why, I let out a YELL. Jeana screamed a loud scream and leaped into a defensive position, (she thought I had seen a spider). We all charged out to the water jug and sure enough, there was water splashing out of the jug and running down into the cellar! Rhoda calmly said, "well, it looks like we have a lake". We couldn't help laughing at all the drama. Once again, I have a very clean cellar floor. Vernon very logically explained, "honey, you can't walk away from the jug when you are filling it"!   Oh.