Monday, January 23, 2012

Caught in the middle

We have purchased our tickets to fly back to the states! Once again I am experiencing the feeling of being caught between two ways, only this time it is from the other side. How true that change brings grief and joy!  The other day I was checking out ticket prices and I found myself crying. Ruth happened to come along just then and was very concerned. Had something happened to my family? No, I had to wave my arms around and try to explain that I was looking at tickets. She laughed and patted my shoulder. I'm sure I am a puzzle at times! Then I went to show Vernon the info and started crying again and his loving response was to laugh and then say he thought I must have heard some bad news from home! So I went to find Jeana and we had a good cry together. I have mourned at the alter of lamentations that Jody will stay behind to finish teaching. My mother heart wants her to come back with us, but I know it is right for her to stay.
We had some guests from Spanish Lookout, Belize for two nights. They were here to support their family who had a new born baby here for surgery. Sounds like the baby can go home tomorrow. So thankful for a good ending.
Tonight Priscila made a special meal for us as a thank you for helping with the Girls Retreat! Here we felt honored that we got to help. Our menu was all you can eat shrimp, cooked in garlic, butter and seasoning, cabbage salad, fried zucchini and peanut butter pie. I have lost all illusions of going back to the states looking gaunt and thin!!!! It was a very good time and another special memory.