Monday, November 14, 2011

Do the next thing!

We have been very busy this past week. There were five days of meetings out at the 'farm'. We call it Institute. These meetings were for all the MAM churches in Guatemala. There were interesting sounding topics and a lot of activities for the children. Priscila, Marta and Ruth were asked to help with the cooking so we took over their cooking, cleaning and laundry responsibilities here at Headquarters. It kept us busy through the day and then we went out to the farm for the evening message. Of course, everything was Spanish, but James offered to translate and we were very grateful. This morning was a bit wild. I made breakfast for 30 hungry people and we were just cleaning up when Tristan pulled in with a van load of people on their way to the bus station. They were hungry, so I quick made some eggs and re fried beans and tortillas. I was so glad I had listened to my impulse to cook up lots of beans on Saturday! That is one of the challenges of cooking here, I don't want lots of left overs but I never know when some hungry folks may come by. So, listen to your 'hunches'! While we were rushing about, a guests child needed some clean clothes so we ran about finding those, all in the middle of trying to decide exactly what the best way to bus to Belize is! We decided to take the land route and bus out tonight. We have three days to spend in Belize so will have one day with my sister and two days together as a family. We are looking forward to it and I am hoping we can sleep on the bus tonight!
Vernon and I had a fun time walking to Walmart to get some queso fresco for lunch. It was a lovely sunny day and I enjoyed walking and talking with him and laughing! Laughter is such a gift!
Until the next time....... lets use the gift of today and all our todays to reflect what a great God we serve.