Friday, December 30, 2011

Just do the next thing!

Thursday morning I would have given a lot to escape the days to do list. What ever made me think I needed to paint the library? Sure, it was a dirty white and looked dingy and cold, but what made me think I needed to do it? We were supposed to be enjoying Christmas vacation and relaxing a bit before the rush of activity that is happening in the beginning of January. But Vernon bought the paint, at my suggestion, and we were committed. So, three grouchy women, the girls and I, began our job. Thank God for a husband who whistled and sang while he helped us by taping all the little window panes in three windows! The grouchy didn't last long and we ended up having a fun day slapping paint on the walls and trying not to get in each others way! I'm suspicious that MAM headquarters hasn't seen such a house family before! We looked quite splattered and every time the door bell rang, there was a desperate attempt to get out of answering the door! There was singing and laughing and talking and some fear too, when we started on the accent color! Gone are the stark white walls and in their place are um.... different walls! Come visit us if you want to see them :) It was a long day, but one I will look back on with a special warmth in my heart for the opportunity of working with my girls, enjoying every moment of it, also the blessing of  Vernon's singing and whistling. I love it. One more precious memory is of Jared helping paint too, and how much he enjoyed being a part of it all, though when Linda invited him down to play, he went leaping out the door!
Today was a catch up day. We did laundry, cleaned, shopped, and the girls made a wonderful supper of garlic herb bread, spaghetti, salad and choco bananas and pineapple. A fitting ending to a beautiful, hot, sunny day. Adios!