Sunday, June 10, 2012

This is the Day the Lord Hath Made!

After days of rain and cold, very cold for the month of June, I have begun to thank God for the rain, the cold and the clouds! It keeps my attitude in better shape. When I follow that thought through, it is God who allows the coldness to come into our day, but it first comes through His hand! If it's okay with Him, it's okay with me.
I feel like I am sitting at the feet of Jesus today. He poured His love into my soul. For a few weeks I have been thinking a lot about passion for God and asking myself the question, "what is my passion?" This morning, our pastor began to speak and he said, "I am going to ask the question, what is our passion?" !! I felt like God was saying, "I love you, I have been listening to you and I am speaking to you through my word and through this man who is allowing me to use Him." Am I excited about serving God? Is serving God important to me? Is the Bible interesting to me, and if not, why not?  I have been challenged to renew my commitment to living passionately for Christ.